NDI load on processor

Samuel Thériault

Sep 20, 2022, 8:09:36 AM9/20/22
to QLab
Hi,

I'm wondering what is the difference between using a 'normal' video output throughout the Thunderbolt of the Mac versus using NDI output.

Does it put the same load on the CPU and GPU?

I'm specking a 2 MacStudio to run 9 Video output total and since Qlab is supporting NDI now I might go this way instead of using a Datapath and some Thunderbolt Output with CAt5 Extender. It will change the cost drastically for less than expected using only NDI converter.

Thank you
Samuel

Andy Dolph

Sep 20, 2022, 9:14:48 AM9/20/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Slightly OT but what NDI converters are you thinking about using?

On Sep 20, 2022, at 8:09 AM, Samuel Thériault <samuelt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp
User Group Code of Conduct: https://qlab.app/code-of-conduct/