Apple menu bar still visible at the top on video surface

bradspau...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2014, 5:23:39 PM2/20/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
How do I get the top menu (apple, file, edit, etc...) to go away on my video surface. I have used the set desktop to black under tools.

Paul Gotch

Feb 20, 2014, 5:39:45 PM2/20/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
On 20/02/2014 22:23, bradspau...@gmail.com wrote:
> How do I get the top menu (apple, file, edit, etc...) to go away on my
> video surface. I have used the set desktop to black under tools.

Are you on 10.9? In order to remove the menu bar on secondary displays
you need to untick the box 'Displays have speparate spaces' in the
mission control preference pane.

-p

Mark Nizer

Feb 20, 2014, 6:05:58 PM2/20/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Make sure Qlab is the front most app and you are at full screen.

Mark Nizer/Neisser

On Feb 20, 2014, at 5:23 PM, bradspau...@gmail.com wrote:

How do I get the top menu (apple, file, edit, etc...) to go away on my video surface. I have used the set desktop to black under tools.

Joshua Langman

Feb 20, 2014, 7:56:44 PM2/20/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
And this probably goes without saying, but turn off mirroring (System Preferences > Displays).

Jonny Burns

Mar 1, 2014, 8:18:08 PM3/1/14
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Paul's reply is the correct one.

You have to log out and back in again for the changes to happen and for the bar to disappear though.

Ruben Franceus

Dec 24, 2015, 11:44:13 AM12/24/15
to QLab, pa...@chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thanx Paul! Kudos for you.