Warping on Remote app - issues

Daan Hazendonk

Feb 3, 2023, 3:58:05 AM2/3/23
to QLab
Since Qlab5, I am not able to properly use the video warping function of the Qlab Remote App.

- Touching the colored surface moves the whole surface
- In order to precisely move any point, you need to zoom in.
- During zooming in, it's most likely to touch the surface.
- The snapping function prohibits the ability to comfortably move the points near the edge (needing to zoom in more, making it more likely to touch the surface, moving the whole image again)

Obviously, when you move the whole image, it's nearly impossible to get it back at the right position. In order to fix that...

Needing to move all the individual points again...
Zooming in..
Moving the whole surface again..

Getting very frustrated..
Walking back to the FOH to get my laptop to do it all over.

- I don't need to be able to move the whole image using the Remote App.
- I would love to be able to VERY PRECISELY warp the image in a fast manner :-)
Like using the arrow keys when using native Qlab interface.

I am dreaming of... a virtual "touchpad" to move a one point in any direction.
With selectable precision. And to disable the option of being able to move the entire surface ;-)

Any tips? More people with the same experience?

Lots of love from Amsterdam :-)

Richard Williamson

Feb 3, 2023, 4:10:35 AM2/3/23
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I have an external keyboard connected to my iPad - this helps a lot but I would agree that what you describe is an issue - related is that I have sometimes found myself accidentally moving a point from desktop (when selecting it), I would love a way to lock the points so that the mouse will only select them (not move) and movements are limited to the keyboard

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Feb 2023, at 08:58, Daan Hazendonk <daan....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

micpool

Feb 3, 2023, 6:38:14 AM2/3/23
to QLab
Perhaps the solution is a feature request  to make the whole region move only when you are touching  the cross hairs in the middle?  Although I have to say that I haven't found the zooming to be a problem. As long as you place a finger on a black area before placing your second finger zoom works as expected every time. Double tapping a handle zooms into that handle..

Mic

Daan Hazendonk

Feb 20, 2023, 9:50:26 AM2/20/23
to QLab

Thanks Mic <3

Double tapping is a very handy feature.
I think I'm going to do a feature request, it would be very helpful because I need to zoom in more then double tapping.
But it's helpful anyway!

Daan