without q number

Kalman Tarr

Jan 29, 2023, 5:50:48 AM1/29/23
to QLab
Hi guys,
Haveing a sunday question.

Is there any code combination that can change the 'cue' color directly giving a command in script 'cue' without using OSC?

I was find a command in qlab applescript, 'q color' but doesn't work.
I miss the good paremeterization, Isn't it? That is my fault. It is all.

When I'm using OSC command everything works well. but but but

tell application id "com.figure53.QLab.4" to tell front workspace
    set memoM to cue "mem"
    set memID to q display name of memoM -- it stores uniqueId
    set memCue to cue id (memID)
    --set q number of memCue to "_"
    set oscCmd to "/cue/" & memCue & "/colorName green"
    do shell script "echo " & oscCmd & " | nc -u -w 0 127.0.0.1 53535"
    --set q number of memCue to ""
end tell

There is a "memo" cue in background which is contains the 'uniqueId' of a 'memo' cue in foreground. It is OK. At the end of a process I would like to change a refered cue color. Back and forth.
But the OSC string is needed a 'q number' of the FG 'memo cue' to run perfectly or run atall, but there is not and I don't want it to be. I can refer to it  using its 'uniqueId' in all other process. E. g. to set its name or pre wait and post wait.
I can get around it with a simple solution, I give a temporary 'q number' during the process. Not nice 'cause the 'cue' blinks once.
My  question, wich is actually two, how can I give the 'q color' like single script command?
The second one, how can I get around the above problem usinh the script contains OSC comman without 'q number' in the referenced cue.
I read
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Kalman

micpool

Jan 29, 2023, 6:10:04 AM1/29/23
to QLab
q color {string} works fine for me

tell application id "com.figure53.QLab.4" to tell front workspace
    set theCue to cue "1"
    set the q color of theCue to "BastardAmber"
end tell

Mic

Kalman Tarr

Jan 29, 2023, 6:45:52 AM1/29/23
to QLab
Thanks Mic,

You are right. It is working fine.
Also with the 'uniqueid' reference.
I'm not paying attention enough.
I told several times I am lagging yet, much much.

Thanks so much
Have another nice Sunday.
Kalman