LTC timecode video player

wbdreynolds

Jul 21, 2021, 9:07:56 AM7/21/21
to QLab
Hi all
This is slightly OT, but I figured this is the best place I know to ask for advice!

I'm looking for a simple video player that will chase LTC timecode from an audio input - ideally that will run on an android phone (is it possible to feed external audio into an android phone?!), but on a mac would be ok either.

Even better would be if there's a way of making timestamped notes alongside the playback - for use in rehearsals...

Thanks!
Will

micpool

Jul 22, 2021, 7:02:47 AM7/22/21
to QLab
Video Sync by Non Lethal Applications runs on mac. It's not cheap to buy, but if it is for a short project the monthly rental is good value.

It's MTC so you need to use Figure 53 lockstep to convert from LTC.

You can add visual markers and streamers etc.

Mic

Seablade -

Jul 22, 2021, 8:05:30 AM7/22/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Mac/Windows/Linux if you are technically minded you could look at Jadeo, which is used by Ardour and Mixbus for video playback, but can be compiled into a standalone program and I believe can chase MTC and LTC if you are using the Jack Audio Server.  Be curious to hear if that works or not for you.

On Mac it is going to have to be updated in the not too distant future due to OpenGL being deprecated on MacOS IIRC.

        Thomas Vecchione

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp