Sending wireless video signals

Gualicho

Jul 7, 2021, 7:33:57 AM7/7/21
to QLab

Hi people,
                  for a future project, i need to send a bunch of diferent videos, to a diferents monitors or tablets (IOS and/or Andorid) wirelessly...

Is NDISyphon the best tool to do it?

And if it is, can somebody give some tips?

I was trying, but with no good results...

Thnaks for any help.

micpool

Jul 7, 2021, 8:18:29 AM7/7/21
to QLab

The best way to do this is to store the content on the tablets and trigger them remotely. Even if you get a video over wireless IP to work reliably, it probably won’t as soon as your audience turns up and swaps your wifi with signals.

Mic

Mike Locke

Jul 7, 2021, 2:29:29 PM7/7/21
to QLab
I just used MultiVid for exactly this.  It's a little touchy on connection and video type, but it worked to put a face in a crystal ball on stage and have it synced to audio playback.

Mike

micpool

Jul 7, 2021, 7:56:14 PM7/7/21
to QLab

I use TouchViz.

In combination with locking the ipad with guided access it gives a really good video player with full OSC remote control over the network.

The only problem is it has a control bar permanently on the screen. I just cover it in tape.

Mic

Gualicho

Jul 8, 2021, 1:29:53 PM7/8/21
to QLab
Mikel,
           it looks perfect!

The only thing there i would need, is the posibility to send diferent video files to each device =(

I don't know if this is it, i'll check it out.

Thanks..-