QLAB 5 Video fading in and out

Claire Paul

Jan 24, 2023, 3:13:20 PM1/24/23
to QLab
Aloha, I have a question in regards to fading in and out a video cue in QLAB 5

Video 1 Asset is at 0%
Fade of Video 1 is geometry 100%-------auto continue
Fade of Video 2 is geometry 100%--------auto Continue
Video 2 Asset geometry is 0%

this worked for me in Qlab 4 but I can't seem to get it to work for me in Qlab 5 it either jumps to the cue or doest fade.

I can get the first cue to fade out where the asset is at 100% and fade is 0% so now I'm just confused.  Can anyone help me?

Chris Ashworth

Jan 24, 2023, 3:16:35 PM1/24/23
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The fade must come after the cue it affects; the cue begins, and sets its starting state, and then a fade runs to change it.

-C

Claire Paul

Jan 24, 2023, 4:46:34 PM1/24/23
to QLab
I have it as
video 1
video fade out and stop
video 2 fad in
video 2

are you saying I need to play the video cue before the video 2 fad in? even if they play at the same time?

Chris Ashworth

Jan 25, 2023, 9:11:33 AM1/25/23
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Claire,

That’s correct. Although they play at the same time, they still play in an order.

It’s possible we may make some adjustments to bring back the v4 loading behavior some day but this gets into some complicated logic about how cue sequences are processed, so for now the best way to think about it is:

- when a cue is loaded, it sets itself to its starting state (which resets anything other cues have done to it)
- after that, other cues can change it

Best,
Chris