Audio interface for QLab and some giant speakers

nizer

Jun 28, 2021, 10:30:09 PM6/28/21
to QLab
I am working on upgrading a venues system.

For Audio they have stuff from 40 years ago.

They have a rack of amps (Peavey 900's, 1500's and 2600's. I want a unit that will let me plug in a band and do the mixing in QLab with a iPad (QLab Remote app).

nizer

Jun 28, 2021, 10:34:40 PM6/28/21
to QLab
How about...Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer?

Andy Dolph

Jun 28, 2021, 11:02:11 PM6/28/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
The xr18 is good for the money but I wouldn’t try to mix in QLab. I’d use the xr18 app on an iPad - it’s way faster than trying to mix in Qlab remote

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

Traveling Monkey

Jun 29, 2021, 1:08:44 AM6/29/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Ditto

Though I have twice had an xr18 fry the audio input board.

Sam Kusnetz

Jun 29, 2021, 2:22:31 AM6/29/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark

Can you tell us more about why you’re using QLab to mix this band? There are lots of software mixers out there specifically designed for live mixing of many channels, and while it’s clearly possible to use QLab this way, it’s really not QLab’s strong suit.

Is this a one-off, or do you expect this venue to continue using QLab as a software mixing console routinely?

Sam

––
Sam Kusnetz [he/him/his] (what is this?)
Figure 53
https://qlab.app | https://figure53.com
--

Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp
User Group Code of Conduct: https://qlab.app/code-of-conduct/
---

Mark Nizer/Neisser

Jun 29, 2021, 11:44:02 AM6/29/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I guess the main reason is I use QLab with Lemur for EVERYTHING.

Glad to learn from the experts on this and use the Behringer XR18 (or one you like) with a iPad app.

Hopefully it will work on a older iPad. I use both Lemur and QLab Remote with a very old iPad with no problems.

Active Media Group
State of the Art Internet and Multimedia
Mark Neisser

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QLab" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qlab/9e1bdb16-14db-4507-a6b2-b1eea861c741%40Spark.