notes field in cues

Kalman Tarr

Apr 16, 2022, 8:11:18 AM4/16/22
to QLab
Hi qlab fans
I'd like to use notes field of a cue to display some information about running cue. It will be any cue which has notes field. But, the size of the fonts not too height to read them eassily. I tried to do the same thing wich is working on text cue text field using 'Text ... Format' in script.
Unfortunately it is not working to me.
Can anyone help if there is solution for this situation. Or say to me, NO NO NO.
Absolutely impossible.
THX in advance:
Kalman

Sam Kusnetz

Apr 16, 2022, 11:01:58 AM4/16/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hello Kalman

Notes can be styled using normal Apple text styling tools. Just select the text in the note, right-click or control click, and choose Font... > Show Fonts.

See attached screen shot.

Best
Sam

Sam Kusnetz (he/him) | Figure 53

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

micpool

Apr 16, 2022, 1:05:46 PM4/16/22
to QLab
It's probably worth saying that if you want all your notes to be in a large font then you can set the cue templates to do this, but there are 2 important points.

You have to set every cue template separately to get a large default notes font for each cue type

You have to put some text in the template to format. This can be a formatted space. If the notes field contains an empty string it will revert to the default size notes font.

Having said that, I had read Kalman's question as wanting to use a script to make all the notes in existing cues of a workspace bigger, , which is much more difficult. It can be done but there are a few things that make it very difficult:

I can't find a way of exiting a notes field that has been entered using the key map shortcut "o"  using the keyboard.

The O key selects the text  in the  notes field  of the Basics Tab of the Inspector which means you can't see what you are typing when the inspector is closed. This seems wrong as all the other hotkeys for entering fields in the cue list put the cursor in the cue list rather than the inspector. It also means that some aspects of UI scripting don't work if the inspector is closed.

Until I can solve these and script this fully, the attached screen recording  shows it in action with the inspector opened manually:

MIc
Big Notes.mov

Kalman Tarr

Apr 16, 2022, 2:23:15 PM4/16/22
to QLab
Thanks Sam,
I know,  what you recommend for me. But, if I rewrite the notes field from a OSC cue or script, the size of notes font change back to its original size.
I accept what you said about apple base font style. Yes..
I tried to put a word into notes field in the template of the cue and used the (shift-alt-command) T to change text size. But as I mentioned earlier when I rewrite the field content, the font changing. it's all.
Wrong idea from a bad mind, it is me. I'll throw away.

Thanks for you and for Mic too....

Best
Kalman

micpool

Apr 17, 2022, 9:25:41 AM4/17/22
to QLab

Hi Kalman

Thanks for the reminder about setting notes by script or OSC

So, there are at least  3 important points to bear in mind  when relying on cue templates to create cues with large fonts in the notes field

You have to set every cue template separately to get a large default notes font for each cue type

You have to put some text in the template to format. This can be a formatted space. If the notes field contains an empty string it will revert to Qlab's default size notes font.

AND

If you set the notes by text or OSC they will revert to the default style of QLab notes, not the font set in the template.

Mic

Kalman Tarr

Apr 17, 2022, 11:29:25 AM4/17/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mic,
You have truth, everything is working on the way you said. I've tried  to do everything according to your words. I can say again the truth is with you. You know  I' d like to write the running 'audio cue' 'action elapsed' parameter into notes field. I don't want to use text cue to display the running time. It's all. I have to use the notes for display instead of text cue.
Thank you Mic

Best
Kalman

fg

May 1, 2024, 5:52:05 AM (5 days ago) May 1
to QLab
Mic, are you assigning this via a custom shortcut? I've set up a font size adjuster service keyboard shortcut via Automator that works in TextEdit, but not in Qlab.
I've got hundreds of note cues that I want to adjust the size and colour, and using the Show Fonts panel is time consuming
Thanks