Lock / set group cues ?

Andrew Lee

Sep 13, 2022, 9:35:44 AM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I use a remote, is there a way to lock a set of cues if it was miss fired ? I want to go back To that Act rather than it’s sub cues ?

Eg If Scene 1 has 10 cues in it Lights, sound camera in that group rather than going through its sub cues inside scene 1 (if A cue was miss fired or if I hit the back button I don’t want it to enter it’s sub cues but rather the scene itself ? I know I can add a go to scene 1 as a cue but if I press the back button it would go into scene 1 cue no 10 and I would need to press 9x to go back to the act if ever there was a miss fire.

Sorry Am I making sense ?

Rich Walsh

Sep 13, 2022, 9:51:17 AM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Is your remote set to trigger the workspace controls “Playhead Previous” and “Playhead Next”? You might be better off triggering two Network Cues instead:

/playhead/previousSequence
/playhead/nextSequence

These will navigate by sequence rather than by cue.

Rich

Andrew Lee

Sep 13, 2022, 10:05:48 AM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich

Thank you for your response I use a audioape remote.

Not sure how or where do I select / input these commands.

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

Rich Walsh

Sep 13, 2022, 10:13:10 AM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
You need to make two Network Cues tucked out of the way somewhere and redirect whatever trigger your remote is generating to them instead of whatever it’s currently triggering. Or, if your remote is simply generating the keystroke for “Move playhead to previous cue” (⇧⌘↑) then you need to tell it to generate the keystroke for “Move playhead to previous sequence” (-) instead.

Rich

Andrew Lee

Sep 13, 2022, 11:22:22 AM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,

How do I do that ? Make two network cues (I assume this would be tucked in for each sequence correct ?)

And the other option would be  to do it within the remote settings ? Right now it is generating the arrow down and up.

Thank you for your time and patience.

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp
User Group Code of Conduct: https://qlab.app/code-of-conduct/
---

Rich Walsh

Sep 13, 2022, 1:36:22 PM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com
If your remote is generating keystrokes all you can do is ask it to generate more useful ones: - & = rather than arrows. See https://qlab.app/docs/v5/general/keyboard-shortcuts/.

The other approach – which does not apply in your case – is if your remote is generating MIDI and triggering the workspace MIDI controls (https://qlab.app/docs/v5/fundamentals/workspace-settings) you can redirect those MIDI triggers to cues instead. You would just need two cues for the whole workspace, outside of the flow of cues that make up the show – a second cue list is a good place. So instead of triggering “Playhead Previous” via the workspace MIDI controls you could make the MIDI message from your remote trigger a standalone Network Cue that sends /playhead/previousSequence to the workspace.

You can’t use this trick to redirect the keystrokes to trigger cues rather than workspace controls because the particular keystrokes your remote is generating can’t be redirected (cf: the [ & ] keystrokes).

Rich

Andrew Lee

Sep 13, 2022, 5:58:33 PM9/13/22
to ql...@googlegroups.com