Projection Leaves Screen Black During Cues

Leonardo Lopez

Oct 8, 2024, 11:23:04 AMOct 8
to QLab

I'm working on a theater production where I'm in charge of the audio cues and a projection that kicks off the show. Here's the problem: I start the projection, then fade it out and stop it before triggering the following audio cue. But after the video ends, my screen just stays black. I can't see the cue list for the rest of the show, which is a big issue. The only way to fix it is by pressing the panic button (esc), which resets everything.

To work around this, I've extended the panic button fade-out to nearly 7 seconds. This lets me quickly hit escape and then launch the next cue, but it's far from ideal. Sometimes, this workaround causes a delay where the next cue doesn't fire immediately, leaving a 2-second gap of silence, which can't happen during the show. I really need to find a simpler and more reliable solution.

If somebody knows a way to stop the projection from keeping my screen black, so I can see the rests of the cues and run the show smoothly, I would be eternally thankful!!!

Mark Valenzuela

Oct 8, 2024, 11:32:04 AMOct 8
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Are you mirroring your displays? if so you definitely want to turn that off, so that the computer sees each display as a separate output. Then you can send your projections through the projector screen, and your computer screen will always have QLab visible.

Mark

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Threads: https://threads.net/@QLabApp

jeremie.g...@free.fr

Oct 9, 2024, 5:01:02 AMOct 9
to QLab
Hi,

You have 2 solutions to get rid of this :
- use an extended display instead of mirroring as Mark says ;
- Go to Workspace Settings > Video, click on the "Edit" button of your stage and uncheck the "keep rendering between cues" checkbox.

Regards,

Jérémie