Set target to currently playing cue in specific list

Roly Botha

Jun 8, 2022, 8:23:36 AM6/8/22
to QLab
Hey all

Hope everyone is doing well! Little scripting question… I’d love to end my preshow by rate fading whichever cue is playing once clearance is given. Of course, I could have 10+ rate fade cues targeted to each song individually and trigger them simultaneously - but I’m absolutely certain there’s a more elegant way to script that.

Preshow music lives in its own list, and the “end preshow” cue is a timeline group triggering a whole bunch of other fx, fades, etc. My guess is that a script cue in that timeline group, telling fade cue “x” to target whichever cue in “preshow list” is currently playing would do the trick. Issue is that I have no idea how to write that script!

Trying my hardest to learn and this group is such a goldmine so any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thank you all! x

All my best,
Roly (they/them)

--
Roly Botha

Actor, Composer, Sound Designer

www.spotlight.com/9738-1272-3687
www.rolybotha.co.uk

As a freelancer, I will sometimes send emails at unusual times. I never expect anyone to respond outside their own normal working hours.

micpool

Jun 8, 2022, 8:35:06 AM6/8/22
to QLab
Fade the group or list  containing the cues.

Mic

Roly Botha

Jun 8, 2022, 8:37:21 AM6/8/22
to QLab
Hey Mic

Potentially being dense but I can’t see an option to fade the rate of a list/group as I don’t think you have that option with a relative fade?

All my best,
Roly (they/them)

--
Roly Botha

Actor, Composer, Sound Designer

www.spotlight.com/9738-1272-3687
www.rolybotha.co.uk

As a freelancer, I will sometimes send emails at unusual times. I never expect anyone to respond outside their own normal working hours.
--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

micpool

Jun 8, 2022, 8:59:26 AM6/8/22
to QLab
Sorry I misread your question

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 13.57.37.png
tell application id "com.figure53.QLab.4" to tell front workspace
    set theCue to last item of (cues whose q type is "audio" and running is true)
    set theFadeCue to cue "2.5" --change cue number to number of your fade cue
    set the cue target of theFadeCue to theCue
    start theFadeCue
end tell

Mic

micpool

Jun 8, 2022, 9:17:23 AM6/8/22
to QLab
You can also narrow the selection to a group of cues,  or cue list , with:

    set theCue to last item of (cues of cue "0.5" whose q type is "audio" and running is true)

or

set theCue to last item of (cues of (first cue list whose q list name is "Preshow") whose q type is "audio" and running is true)

Mic

Roly Botha