Importing Que Names and Notes From Eos to Qlab

blindeye 1995

Jun 27, 2024, 2:17:38 AM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
Is It possible to write a function to import que names and their notes to network Ques?
Just dont want to label Stuff twice all the time :)

With King Regards
Max

micpool

Jun 27, 2024, 2:27:02 AM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
Import from where?

blindeye 1995

Jun 27, 2024, 2:34:29 AM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
From Eos ( ETC Console) to Qlab
Like The Touch OSC Does it

Greetings Max

micpool

Jun 27, 2024, 4:53:46 PM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
Let me first make it clear that my knowledge of EOs OSC doesn't really extend much further than firing EOS cues from QLab.

However, I can see that the TouchOSC Layout you linked to in your previous post uses

/eos/out/pending/cue/text
and

/eos/out/active/cue/text

to get feedback from the EOS

These OSC messages are transmitted automatically every time the pending or active cue changes.

In this screenshot (and the attached screen recording)
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 21.30.57.png

I have set up EOS to send its OSC output to port 9000 where it is received by OSCULATOR

Osculator translates /eos/out/pending/cue/text {text}  to /cue/EOS/notes {text} and sends it to QLab on port 53000 (OSC access has a no passcode route set in QLab)

So every time the pending cue changes, the notes of cue "EOS" change to the info for the pending cue, including its name.

You can also get information for cues by sending messages to EOS

You can probably do the same thing in EOS's OSC Router app if you prefer that to OSCULATOR.

If you wanted to have a hotkey in QLab that transferred the EOS  info into the notes of the QLab network cue cue that would fire a particular cue number you  could construct a table of all the cues in a cue list by first finding how many cues there are in the list with

/eos/get/cue/<cue list number>/count

and then use

/eos/get/cue/<cue list number>/index/<index number>  repeatedly to get the info for  each cue,  by incrementing the index.

Once you had that table, you could write a script that found what number the selected QLab network cue was going to fire by parsing the network cue's OSC message. The script would then look that up in your table and put the EOS info for that cue in the notes or.q name of that network cue.

But this is far from trivial to program and involves having a  far more complex intermediate app than OSCULATOR or OSC router  between EOS and QLab.

Someone else  may have a better solution, but having had a quick look at the EOS OSC implementation (which is quite extensive) I can't see an obvious way of doing it.

Mic

Screen Recording 2024-06-27 at 21.30.18.mov

blindeye 1995

Jun 27, 2024, 5:26:15 PM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
let me explain what i mean.
Network Cues  names and Cue Notes Should be the Same On Both Devices.

For Example Eos cue 1 Name= Entrance Note= Wait 15 Sec After Door Closes.
I would like a Function to import names ( Labels in Eos) and Their Corresponding Notes to be Importet Automaticly
For Example I Create Like 120 Cues in Eos Label Them All Differently and each Their own Notes. And Then After light The Sound Will Be Choosen and automatet in the Show after Programming and Labeling The Light Cues ( This is Just the way that my artist Work).
So I Would Like to have a funtion that i say all network cues corresponding to a cue Import names and notes Automaticly that no matter where i look i have the same information on both screens ( light desk and Qlab) and if i have to update something i could just rerun the Function ( With a hotbutton for Example) and dont have to check everything Twice. My Artist isnt very Happy About that he has to wait around while i label things twice. It dosnt realy help that i am just learning Bash Scripting and i am Just in the beginning. So I can Look at an Apple Script and Think Looks like a Script for me but dont ask me what its doing. at Least at the Moment.

With King Regards
Max

micpool

Jun 27, 2024, 6:06:24 PM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to QLab
Perhaps, I missed something but I thought you wanted similar information to that displayed on the touchpad layout you linked to available in QLab

I can’t see where that is displaying EOS notes, probably because there is no facility within EOS for notes to be sent via OSC.

If all the information is being entered into EOS first and you seem to be the person programming both, would it be more sensible to just make the QLab cue numbers  the same as the EOS cues, run the show from EOS and use EOS’s ability to, send QLab start cues automatically?

Or just, add, an extra monitor to  your EOS setup and put it next to your QLab screen.

I understood what you would like to do but I think  my previous post indicated that it would only be possible with  a huge amount of work and a custom intermediary application, and even then wouldn’t include the EOS notes.

But I may be wrong!

Mic

blindeye 1995

Jun 28, 2024, 12:29:00 AM (7 days ago) Jun 28
to QLab
Yes Thats Correct i am Programming Both. But At Different Times ( nomaly First 2 Days Light days 3+4 Sound and Automation). My Lighting Desk Have 2 Screens But Maybe i have to explain how Our Cue Structure Nomaly Works. We Do Both at the same time we control Eos From Qlab And Qlab From EOS ( my artist wants ms Precision) But Sometimes There are Parts Of The show Where you have cues on sight and on text at the same time and our lighting desk is rotatet 90 degrees to the right facing the audience and the qlab macbook is right in front of me facing the stage. in Some situations you would have to look at the Text Stage Qlab And The Screen of the light desk At the Same Time. The Idea With The Cue Number is Nice but We Use OSC for our Automation so It Would Create A Cue Trigger Loop. So Just to Make The Information Available On The Qlab Screen ( Like we do for the past two Years) Would Help Me and my coworker ( who is not really into qlab or eos Programming) save time in programming. Because When I Programm These Things Nomaly like 15 People Waiting on me Just to Label Things Twice is a little Annoying to Them.

Greetings
Max