NanoPad trigger problem

JME

May 30, 2015, 7:08:26 PM5/30/15
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

I picked up a Korg NanoPad2 with the idea of having a cheap direct trigger interface for QLab. I'm just running my first test and having a weird problem: I can capture the notes and assign them to cues with no trouble(In my quick testing, I can successfully capture the pad's note every single time), but when I actually hit the pads the cues themselves trigger very infrequently. Any idea why this might be? I'm pretty inexperienced with MIDI, so my only thought is that I'm a victim of my own ignorance surrounding velocity, but other than that I'm baffled as to why something would be half-broken like this. Any help would be appreciated.

-JME

micpool

May 30, 2015, 7:12:33 PM5/30/15
to ql...@googlegroups.com
It's probably a velocity thing

Change byte 2 to any or >0

Mic

Christopher Ashworth

May 30, 2015, 7:14:25 PM5/30/15
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hi JME,

If this midi device offers sensitivity on the buttons, it is probably sending a slightly different message each time (based in how hard you press)

You can put the word "any" or "all" in the second field of the midi trigger to catch any value. You can also use the greater > or less than < symbols to create a max or min value that must be achieved before triggering

(mobile)

JME

May 30, 2015, 7:43:19 PM5/30/15
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Thank you both! For the replies and your patience with my ignorance. Problem solved.

Neil Rose

May 31, 2015, 5:56:25 PM5/31/15
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Just an FYI, if you were to go into the Korg Kontrol editor with the NanoPad connected, you can edit the velocity for every pad to always be a constant value, e.g. 127.  Look in the Global tab of the editor.  Make sure to write to the device after any changes have been made.

Neil