Global video disable

Trace Rocks

Jul 1, 2021, 2:07:26 PM7/1/21
to ql...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone.

I have a portable show with a few hundred songs in qlab.

They have video that is assigned to a projection system that I bring with me to each show.

July 4th I’m playing an outdoor show in the daylight so I won’t be setting up my video system.

Is there a global command to disable the video device that won’t mute the audio?

I don’t want to have to edit each individual song.

I do have a computer monitor running.

Keep on Rockin'   \m/ (*_*) \m/
Trace

micpool

Jul 1, 2021, 3:07:25 PM7/1/21
to QLab
Lots of options. Here's 4:

Simplest, Don't do anything. Apart from red crosses on your video cues everything else will work as normal

Audition Window, but only if you are only using 1 audio interface and no lighting

If all your  video cues are all in timeline groups, save a new version of your workspace e.g myWorkspaceJUL4.qlab4, select all cues. select only video cues using pop up menu on basics tab of inspector, delete all video cues, save.

If you have a video license, save a new version of your workspace as above, edit your video surface, delete display, add a syphon surface.

Mic

micpool

Jul 1, 2021, 3:12:23 PM7/1/21
to QLab
I've just realised that all your songs may be video cues!

In which case the audition window and syphon solutions in my previous post  are the only ones that are applicable

Mic

jimsta...@zoho.com

Jul 1, 2021, 6:50:03 PM7/1/21
to QLab
Alternatively, connect an external monitor and replace the projector surface with it.
(essentially what you'd at home with the edit laptop)
Jim