Qlab as a rundown app for the stage manager

Ton Technik

Jul 18, 2021, 2:18:06 PM7/18/21
to QLab
Hi,
sorry to bother you with that idea but I searched a lot but haven't found a solution for my idea yet.
Beside of using Qlab mostly for audio cues in musicals on our stage there is the following idea which I try to realize for many years, establishing a "rundown cue call monitor" where the soundtech, the lightech and the stagetech are getting their individual cuelist on a screen (highlight what is the actual cue number with short description and what is the following one).
The firing of the different cues in the different cue lists should do one person (cue caller/stage manager), mainly from one main cue list.
I think you get the idea (the idea of a poor mans "Shoflo" app ;-)
Don't you thing Qlab is ideal for that? It has the ability to use the "Qlab remotes"app for each guy to show they individual cue list, mainly in read-only mode and I thought I could insert some "memo cues" to get this done but to get the stage manager firing the individual cues with one cue I get stucked. I can't get the playhead to move in the individual cuelists to signal which cue is the actual on.
What I try to realize:
01 Main Cue List
    Cue: 01 "Highlight Cue 1 in Sound-Cue-List & Highlight Cue 3 in Light-Cue-List"
I tried to realize the example with a smile play cue in the main Cue List, but as it was to expect, I can't get the playhead to move in the subcuelists.
So I think I have to work with some kind of apple script (perhaps to move the playhead in the soundcuelist and the lightcuelist or, even better change also the color of the actual cue to green?
The only problem is, I am a total newbie to the apple script thing (but willing to learn). First of all I need help fo referencing a cue in another cuelist. If you could give me a hint to do that that would be awesome.
Second, I am absolutely interested in your opinion for this project. Perhaps someone uses Qlab already in such a setting or has good tips for a better approach (perhaps working with osc and http ??)
I love to hear from you.... and excuse my bad English...I tried my best ;-)
Greetings,
Knut

Dave H.

Jul 18, 2021, 3:09:35 PM7/18/21
to QLab
As a starting point, you might want to look at the examples and demonstration workspace on this page from the QLab Cook Book.  It shows multiple ways of sending information about both the Now Playing and Up Next cues to display on other devices on your theater's network.

micpool

Jul 18, 2021, 3:35:00 PM7/18/21
to QLab
You don't need to do any scripting to do this.

The screen recording attached shows the show caller screen with the master show call cue list and a sound and lighting list. The Show call cue list just sends GOs to the sound and lighting cue lists (instead of starting individual cue numbers) which can be displayed on QLab remote as usual (sound list shown on ipad)

Mic

MULTIPLE CUE LISTS.mov