Distortion Question

Daniel Doss

Oct 7, 2024, 7:09:17 PMOct 7
to QLab
Hi everyone!

I'm started to build a new workspace and I've encountered a new problem that I've never experienced before...

The audio files that I'm importing sound distorted when played back through QLAB. I can open the same file in iTunes and it plays just fine without distortion, but when I play the same file back through QLAB, it is distorted (as if the gain has somehow been turned up.)

Thank you so much for your help!

Philip Perkins

Oct 7, 2024, 7:28:20 PMOct 7
to ql...@googlegroups.com
do QLAB’s meters look ok?  Are you playing out of a USB interface, if so are its meters looking good?
Is whatever input you are driving correctly trimmed?

--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Threads: https://threads.net/@QLabApp

Paul

Oct 8, 2024, 5:55:17 AMOct 8
to QLab
Try making the audio cue template less than the default 0 dB
In Settings, Templates, Audio, Levels tab adjust to say -30dB on main so new cues are less likely to clip (if you have a very loud/compressed audio)
Screenshot 2024-10-08 at 10.53.13.png

blindeye 1995

Oct 10, 2024, 11:54:11 AMOct 10
to QLab
Sounds like the Volume of itunes is turned down in the itunes app and thats why its its so loud out of qlab because normaly its the same

Greetings Max