different output devices in rehearsal and at home

James Lo

Mar 15, 2023, 10:40:00 AM3/15/23
to QLab
I've set up a performer with Qlab so she can rehearse on her own and would like to be able to edit her cues at home and send her the cue file without requiring her to reconfigure her audio and video outputs each time (we have different devices and she's a little computer-phobic).  Is that possible, or do I just have to work with her to overcome her fear? :)

jimsta...@zoho.com

Mar 15, 2023, 4:18:48 PM3/15/23
to QLab
Is this audio only? That would be extremely easy.
Change the audio output patch to macbook pro speakers and save it before sending her the file.

My own edit setup uses the same multitrack Dante audio outputs at home as on the road, but video outputs are normally two Roland V1-HDs.
While this is done with the monitors connected, simple to click "Edit" on those video surfaces in settings and change to the two HP monitors used at home.
Test with the grid...
Jim

James Lo

Mar 15, 2023, 8:08:05 PM3/15/23
to QLab
Yeah, I agree, changing the configuration is very easy, so I guess you're answer is that it's my job to convince my performer!  :)

James Lo

Mar 15, 2023, 8:12:26 PM3/15/23
to QLab
Darn, no post edit feature.  Your, not you're.  And no, this is audio and video.  But yes, she just uses built in internal audio so that's easy, but we each have different video systems.  And sometimes the changes are so simple that I don't connect my external video to test, and that gets written into the cue file when I save my changes.