Shen Education Channel goes live on Youtube

Mark Tarver

Jun 9, 2022, 8:18:48 AM6/9/22
to Shen
The first video is actually module 1.5; the Recursive Mathematics of War.  So I have to produce modules 1.0-1.4 which will be the precursors and basic from-the-beginning introductions to functional programming.   Comments welcome.

Do subscribe and tick like if you do like.

Mark

Boring Coder

Jun 9, 2022, 2:14:23 PM6/9/22
to Shen
watched, shared, subscribed and liked.

Mark Tarver

Aug 16, 2022, 6:30:47 AM8/16/22
to Shen
We've passed the 1000th view a few days ago when I was busy with other things.

Mark

Steven Curtis

Nov 17, 2022, 12:18:27 PM11/17/22
to Shen
Not that it matters greatly, but the introductory credits for Module 1.4 indicate that it is Module 1.5. It doesn't put me off, but it may leave some with a residual question of why the difference. Was there another module meant to be 1.4, or was this module produced (the first to be produced in the series, I believe) before it was known that it would eventually be the fourth module of chapter one instead of the fifth. Anyway, really enjoying this series. Thanks for the time and effort spent on educating the public. If this is obvious and meant simply to be accepted, apologies for being pedantic. :D

- Steve

Mark Tarver

Nov 18, 2022, 7:08:16 AM11/18/22
to Shen
I've renamed this.  There are missing modules which will appear.
I am still somewhat affected by Covid.

M.

Joel McCracken

Nov 23, 2022, 4:36:41 AM11/23/22
to Shen
I'd love to see some content which is more directly about Shen. Specifically, practical, interactive examples of using the type system would be fantastic. An interactive walk through of the implementation of that "lisp interpreter in shen" whitepaper would be great, for example.

Ravishankar Srinivasan

Nov 23, 2022, 7:44:53 AM11/23/22
to Shen
Sending lots of wishes and prayers to you Mark to make a quick recovery from COVID. Subscribed to channel and watched all 4 videos. Fantastic work to make this available free. I love your teaching style and the war example was really good. However, the integrated circuits module was a little to hard to understand. Maybe start with a gentler use-case and gradually work up to more complicated examples.

Looking forward to more videos......

Joel McCracken

Nov 24, 2022, 9:05:04 PM11/24/22
to Shen
> I'd love to see some content which is more directly about Shen. Specifically, practical, interactive examples of using the type system would be fantastic.
> An interactive walk through of the implementation of that "lisp interpreter in shen" whitepaper would be great, for example.

Somehow, I had never seen this video:

Might be good to upload this to YT channel, I would have seen it before.

Mark Tarver

Dec 11, 2022, 7:09:37 AM12/11/22
to Shen
At the point when I got Covid I had recorded half of a video on the Logic Lab.
Unfortunately Covid has changed my voice so I have to wait for it to come
back to record the other half.

I also have to go easy as I found recently when looking a Neal's interesting
post.  Too much time spent in the wee hours is paid for the next day.  :((

Mark

Mark Tarver

Dec 30, 2022, 9:57:57 AM12/30/22
to Shen
I have renewed my work on this video.  I'm doing the transcipt and pictures but not the voiceover until my
voice returns to normal which it is doing, but slowly.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Dec 31, 2022, 4:12:43 PM12/31/22
to Shen
The transcript is done.

M.

Mark Tarver

Jan 5, 2023, 5:09:51 AM1/5/23
to Shen
Now the picture/video overlay.  My voice remains problematic due to rhinal allergy which has me
coughing.  I concluded that there was some kind of viral/fungal nasal infection post Covid
which needed to be cleaned out.  I had in mind using a solution of Thuja which is very
powerful but the dosage was problematic.  I started with 2 drops per 100ml and reduced
to 1 drop and now think the dosage is 1 drop per 150ml.  It burnt like hell, but has
begun resolving the problem in hours.

A note for sufferers; this works but treat Thuja with respect.

There is a book to accompany this series of lectures 'Programming the Logic Lab'
out this spring.

Mark