possible YACC optimisation in S35

Mark Tarver

Nov 1, 2022, 1:38:26 PM11/1/22
to Shen
Re my final comment in https://groups.google.com/g/qilang/c/O1yo_3WRUUI

Proof Obligation: show that the above will always produce the same result as the
default Shen implementation - which is type secure by the proofs in TBoS.
Hence in the presence of such a proof the above is also type secure.

This deals with an improved type checker for YACC.

I'm looking at this proof now.  If the proof works out then S35 will appaer before the end of the month with the new system in it.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Nov 2, 2022, 2:29:29 PM11/2/22
to Shen
I may have the shape of a proof.

Mark

Mark Tarver

Nov 5, 2022, 5:21:50 PM11/5/22
to Shen
My partner called round and unfortunately passed me Covid :((.   I tested positive three days ago. Hence this work is held up for
a bit.  It doesn't seem to be that bad fortunately, but it does make you feel grotty.

M.

Mark Tarver

Nov 7, 2022, 3:56:36 AM11/7/22
to Shen
Thinking I had this under control, I blacked out and woke up surrounded
by broken glass and wood.   I fell through a picture frame propped on the
floor.  Uncut but very sore.  This Covid is a bit more than I thought.

M.

Mark Tarver

Nov 7, 2022, 3:59:41 AM11/7/22
to Shen
Hence expect new version as described this month
as soon as I'm better.

2022 is turning out to be one tough year; I think for
a lot of people.  It does seem awfully 'dark' right now.

Light to you all.

M.