Can you teach ChatGPT to program in Shen? - an open invitation to Shenturions

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 2:39:29 PMJun 7
to Shen
I recently tried teaching Shen to ChatGPT 4.0 when I noticed that it

(a) Was aware of Shen but ...
(b) Gave totally erroneous answers to simple questions.

So I set out to teach it.  My initial impression was positive.  ChatGPT did indeed learn quite quickly and there is a transcript of the exchange at https://shenlanguage.org/gpl.txt.

I wondered how ChatGPT discriminates between good and  bad teaching.  How does it know that I am not teaching it rubbish?   Well it turns out that isn't a problem because ChatGPT doesn't remember what you teach it!

This rather dashed my hopes of creating ChatGPT as an online tutor in Shen.  But I hit on a solution.  Make the transcript of our exchange available for ChatGPT to read.  Then theoretically, it could pick up where it left off.   So I did and its now an open experiment
for everybody to try.

As you see the prompt I begin with is

I want you to read this transcript of a ChatGPT session on programming in Shen - https://shenlanguage.org/gpl.txt

Have a go and see where you get.  Any useful transcript of your interaction posted here as an attachment will be appended to the https://shenlanguage.org/gpl.txt text and hopefully we as a community can educate ChatGPT.

We'll find out something about ChatGPT.    Either it will learn well and we'll have a fantastic resource for helping people learn Shen.  Or it will not learn well, in which case we'll have something to write about to the guys in OpenAI.

Mark

Boring Coder

Jun 7, 2024, 3:11:21 PMJun 7
to Shen
You can create a custom gpt  : https://chatgpt.com/gpts

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 3:12:34 PMJun 7
to Shen
There's a lot of info on that page.  Which app on there is pertinent here?

Mark

Bruno Deferrari

Jun 7, 2024, 4:12:09 PMJun 7
to qil...@googlegroups.com
I think he means the "create" button at the top-right corner. You can create your own custom ChatGPT chats with extra context. In this case you would teach it Shen, then save it as a new ShenGPT chat that already knows more about Shen.

You will give it the instructions on the left-side, and the chat where you can test the results will be on the right side.

BD

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 5:35:25 PMJun 7
to Shen
This is what I get if I click on the create button.

That just offers premium versions of the same technology.    Basically ChatGPT4o
but not for a limited session.   Or have I missed something somewhere?

M.

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 5:51:37 PMJun 7
to Shen
I'm asking this question of ChatGPT now.

  How can I produce a tailored version of ChatGPT with special knowledge?

M.

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 5:53:23 PMJun 7
to Shen
You'll see the reply is not specific; it doesn't say download this or use that.

M.

Bruno Deferrari

Jun 7, 2024, 6:21:21 PMJun 7
to qil...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 6:35 PM dr.mt...@gmail.com <dr.mt...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is what I get if I click on the create button.

That just offers premium versions of the same technology.    Basically ChatGPT4o
but not for a limited session.   Or have I missed something somewhere?

M.

Being able to create custom GPT chats is one of the features of the plus plan (at least for now):

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 6:36:22 PMJun 7
to Shen
Right.  We could not as a group, teach ChatGPT that way,
because we would have to pay $30 per month per user in a group
of 549 members.   I wanted something which we could all
contribute to  and use as a group.  So we need to converge on the free version.
There has to be some centralisation to ensure that that training
data was sound.   But by working as a group we can make the
task lighter.

Mark

Dave C

Jun 7, 2024, 6:46:52 PMJun 7
to qil...@googlegroups.com

We might have more luck fine-tuning one of the open models on Shen, if access and quality are both concerns.

Aeonik

dr.mt...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 6:50:58 PMJun 7
to Shen
The conversation with ChatGPT on training is on https://chatgpt.com/share/22d00568-6f37-4fe7-b3f2-be947f6af7c1

M.

Bruno Deferrari

Jun 8, 2024, 10:14:25 AMJun 8
to qil...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 7, 2024 at 7:36 PM dr.mt...@gmail.com <dr.mt...@gmail.com> wrote:
Right.  We could not as a group, teach ChatGPT that way,
because we would have to pay $30 per month per user in a group
of 549 members.   I wanted something which we could all
contribute to  and use as a group.  So we need to converge on the free version.
There has to be some centralisation to ensure that that training
data was sound.   But by working as a group we can make the
task lighter.

I don't think you can train it from multiple accounts anyway. Each user would be creating a different version.

The way it would work is that a single user will create a new Shen GPT chat, traint it and publish it so that other users can use it. But the training can only come from a single user.

Boring Coder

Jun 8, 2024, 1:20:51 PMJun 8
to Shen
I am not sure, but I think it can be achieved using the api, by creating an app that multiple users will use. but it won't be free.

Also you can try the playground, it is a good way to experiment with.

Also similar from google