error in R_LIBRARY_PATH for normalize_table.py

Anuradha Ravi

Feb 19, 2018, 11:19:03 AM2/19/18
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello

I am trying to run normalize_table.py where I use DESeq2 for the normalization. The problem I am getting is the path for the R packages. This is the error I am getting:

Library optparse not found.

To install, open R and run the command:

  install.packages("optparse")

If you already have the optparse package installed in a local directory,

please store the path to that directory in an environment variable

called "R_LIBRARY_PATH". This may be necessary if you are running

QIIME on a cluster, and the cluster instances of R don't know about

your local R libraries. If you don't know your R library paths, you

can list them by opening R and running with the command, ".libPaths()".

The current R instance knows about these paths:

[/home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/lib/R/3.4/site-library, /home/linuxbrew/.linuxbrew/Cellar/r/3.4.2/lib/R/library]

It says it cant find the R packages there, when I do .LibPaths(), the path it shows is

[1] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library" "/usr/lib/R/site-library"

[3] "/usr/lib/R/library"

Which means that the paths for the R packages is different from what qiime is searching for. I would like to change my PATh so that it can detect these packages. I tried to make this environment variable but I am not sure I did it right since I got the same error message.

can you please help me in this/

Thanks!