alpha diversity box plots

Ricardo Ramiro

Jun 3, 2016, 5:49:53 AM6/3/16
to Qiime 1 Forum

Dear all,

I have a basic doubt about the alpha diversity box plots that are generated after running the core_diversity_analysis.py with standard settings.

I think these boxplots are done using the alpha diversity estimates at the highest coverage from the rarefaction curves. Am I right in thinking this?

Thanks,

Ramiro

abir...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 12:38:05 PM6/3/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi, Ramiro,
You are correct.  Under the hood, core_diversity_analysis.py calls (among other things) compare_alpha_diversity.py, and when no explicit depth argument is passed to this script, it defaults to using the deepest available.
Best,
Amanda

Ricardo Ramiro

Jun 6, 2016, 6:43:16 AM6/6/16