Trouble installing QIIME to virtualbox

lou...@g.clemson.edu

Feb 27, 2016, 6:52:02 PM2/27/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello,

I'm a new user and I am trying to figure out how to install QIIME to my personal computer (ASUS Zenbook with Windows 10). I was able to successfully install virtual box (installed ver. 5.0.14 from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads), as well as download the QIIME 1.9.1 64-bit from the QIIME resources page. When I download the QIIME file, it's downloading as a .gz file and not showing as a compressed folder that I can unzip. When trying to add it as a virtual machine on virtual box it does not show up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jamie Morton

Mar 2, 2016, 5:58:51 PM3/2/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,

You should be able to just load up the VM within virtualbox.

Could you provide some screenshots?

Best,
Jamie