Greengenes update

Paolo Cozzi

Jan 12, 2017, 11:32:56 AM1/12/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Dear developers,

Could we have information about greengenes update plan? my lab will be very interested in a newer version of greengenes. It is possible to have scripts or instructions in order to generate a similar database? could we help in next GG release?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paolo

Daniel McDonald

Jan 12, 2017, 11:46:37 AM1/12/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your interest. It is a major concern. A release will be coming but I do not have a specific ETA at this time unfortunately. I would be very interested to discuss ways in which your group could get involved though -- I'll follow up directly about that.

Best,
Daniel

Colin Brislawn

Jan 12, 2017, 1:36:29 PM1/12/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the update Daniel. I'm also interested in the future of this database, and look forward to future updates.

I'm also interested in how Qiime / biocore / the Knight and Caporaso Labs engage with the open source community. I think that database development is a great opportunity and challenge, I look forward to seeing how the team tackles this.

Colin

Artemis Louyakis

May 2, 2017, 3:47:04 PM5/2/17
to qiime...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in learning more about database development as well. We'd love an updated gg and would be interested in knowing how we can help.

Daniel McDonald

May 2, 2017, 5:13:11 PM5/2/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Artemis,

Thank you for the interest -- I'll follow up directly.

Best,
Daniel