Illumina MiSeq - which 'mock community' to order?

B Smith

Dec 7, 2016, 7:30:35 AM12/7/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,

We were looking to do some sequencing for the gut microbiome using MiSeq. Which company (item number?) is being used for the 'mock community'? The human microbiome project used HM-276D which has been discontinued by BEI resources....

What should we be ordering so that we can sequence the mock community alongwith our samples?

thanks!

Antonio González Peña

Dec 12, 2016, 9:11:56 AM12/12/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
I just forwarded your question to someone that might be able to answer it.

TonyWalters

Dec 12, 2016, 9:42:57 AM12/12/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello,

Unfortunately, the use of mock communities is not that widespread. My best guess for purchasing one would be to contact this group and see if they are willing to sell themhttp://vantage.vanderbilt.edu/vantage-service-lines/

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer on this.

-Tony