print_qiime_config.py (QIIME-1.9.1)

ravibiokr

Sep 17, 2016, 9:22:29 AM9/17/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello QIIME Team,

Wishes and greeting for your great support
I have used QIIME-1.8.0 and analysed microbiome data successfully
But I have problem with QIIME-1.9.1 Virtual machine  as follows

print_qiime_config.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/print_qiime_config.py", line 28, in <module>
    raise ImportError("%s\n%s" % (e, core_dependency_missing_msg))
ImportError: liblapack.so.3gf: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
See the QIIME Installation Guide: http://qiime.org/install/install.html

Could you explain and resolve the issue

Thank you

Ravi

Jai Ram Rideout

Sep 19, 2016, 4:21:19 PM9/19/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Ravi,

Is your host machine (the one you have VirtualBox installed on) 64-bit or 32-bit? We only support 64-bit host machines. Also, after loading the QIIME 1.9.1 virtualbox, did you upgrade any of the software within it? For example, did you run any "sudo apt-get" commands or "pip install" commands? Those types of commands could break the QIIME 1.9.1 install.

Best,
Jai

ravibiokr

Sep 20, 2016, 8:43:37 AM9/20/16
to Qiime 1 Forum

Dear Jai

Thank you for your information.

Yes my host machine is Windows 64-bit only. Also I used sudo apt-get to update.

So, is there any ways to use QIIME 1.9.1 virtualbox?

Thank you

Ravi

Jai Ram Rideout

Sep 20, 2016, 12:13:36 PM9/20/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Ravi,

Can you download a fresh copy of the QIIME 1.9.1 VirtualBox, boot it up, and run print_qiime_config.py? Please avoid running any updates in the virtualbox, and let's see if that resolves the issue.

Best,
Jai