Converting txt to biom format: 'Duplicate IDs' error while no line duplication

rom...@hotmail.fr

Feb 16, 2017, 8:53:47 AM2/16/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi everybody,
I'm trying to convert a .txt otu table to a biom otu format. I checked that all lines were unique (OTU id), but the error message keeps saying "Duplicate observation IDs". Could anyone guess why?

My code:
biom convert -i table_OTU_sans_doublon9.txt -o table.biom --table-type="OTU table" --to-hdf5

Enclosed a shorter file.

Thank you very much!
Cheers,

table_OTU_sans_doublon9.txt

Antonio González Peña

Feb 16, 2017, 11:02:42 AM2/16/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Your file is _not_ a valid classic biom table, for an example see: http://biom-format.org/documentation/biom_format.html#efficient-handling-and-storage-of-very-large-tables -- the issue is that is missing the OTU ID in the first column, which perhaps you are confusing with your last column: taxonomy.

rom...@hotmail.fr

Feb 16, 2017, 11:21:32 AM2/16/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Thank you very much, I put the taxonomy as the first column and it worked. Thanks!!
Cheers