Qiime Install error, Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1

My Shu

Aug 22, 2017, 9:44:53 PM8/22/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,

Recently, I tried to install qiime on ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS following the below commands:

 sudo apt-get install build-essential python-dev python-pip
 pip install numpy
 pip install qiime

But there is a error when I run the `pip install qiime` .

 Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-kjmfxog8/qiime/

Do you know how to solve it? Looking for your reply. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Mingyue Shu

Colin Brislawn

Aug 23, 2017, 12:16:48 PM8/23/17
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Mingyue,

We currently recommending installing qiime using conda (instead of pip). Take a look at this guide over here. This should work better than pip:

This method should work well, even if you don't have sudo access.

Colin