split_libraries.py on VAMPS-related SRA raw data

André Soares

Feb 12, 2016, 5:12:27 AM2/12/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Has anyone experienced handling VAMPS-related data?
From what I understand, a not-so typical approach is used by them in the sense that special sets of barcodes and indexes as well as pools of primers are used for sequencing.

After downloading 'raw' SRA data, I am now struggling to understand how to approach this data using QIIME's split_libraries.py.
Can anyone share any previous experiences here?

Cheers,
André

zech xu

Feb 19, 2016, 1:32:49 PM2/19/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi André,

It seems no one in the lab has any idea of what the format of data from VAMPS. I would recommend you to refer to the vamps support team.

Best,
Zech