How to convert the otu table in HMP QIIME project BIOM format compatible?

Ali shojaee Bakhtiari

Apr 8, 2016, 3:54:23 PM4/8/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
The following link, I presume is the end result of applying QIIME on the hmp

When I read through the file using excel, I see the otu counts as expected, however when I try to read the file using the read_biom, I receive an error

 x <-read_biom("v35_psn_otu.genus.fixed.txt")

Error in fromJSON(content, handler, default.size, depth, allowComments,  :
  invalid JSON input

I suppose the txt file should be converted to a biom file before the above line works, the question is how?

Thanks

jonsan

Apr 8, 2016, 5:13:06 PM4/8/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Ali,

Is read_biom a function in R?

It sounds like the function is looking for a JSON-formatted biom file, and the provided otu table is a 'classic' delimited text OTU table.

If you have biom-format installed, you can easily perform this conversion according to the instructions provided here

Cheers,
-jon

Ali shojaee Bakhtiari

Apr 8, 2016, 5:55:16 PM4/8/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Thanks Jon. I found another link leading to the same solution. It must be correct.
Ali

jonsan

Apr 11, 2016, 11:27:26 AM4/11/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Great, hope it works for you! Let us know if not.

Cheers,
-jon