Mapping file

Lekha Menon

Aug 16, 2016, 4:30:17 PM8/16/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi,

I am creating my mapping file and I have a doubt. I have the Fusion (Linker) +Key+Barcode+Primer and then in the reverse primer I have Fusion (Linker)+Key+Primer. So does the linker primer sequence mean the entire one without the barcode or just the Linker alone? Please help.

Thanks,
Lekha

Jai Ram Rideout

Aug 17, 2016, 1:36:33 PM8/17/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Lekha,

I've contacted a developer to help answer your question.

Best,
Jai

TonyWalters

Aug 17, 2016, 3:03:18 PM8/17/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello,

The linker you are describing is different than the linker that is part of the LinkerPrimerSequence value. It usually is just 2 nucleotides, and sits between the barcode and the primer. I would just put everything after (3' direction) the barcode portion of your construct under the LinkerPrimerSequence field. For the ReversePrimer, I would just do the primer component.

-Tony
Message has been deleted

TonyWalters

Aug 17, 2016, 10:57:33 PM8/17/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hello Lekha,

That should be fine, since this line is zero:
Percent of sequences with barcodes detected at the beginning of the sequence: 0.000
It looks like there are some small fraction of the reads that happen to have one of the sequences matching your barcode *somewhere* within the read itself, which can happen with short sequences like the barcode.