In "split_libraries_fastq.py", what is "barcode_type"?

Yiming Meng

Jul 19, 2016, 2:54:25 AM7/19/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi everyone,

I'm doing some paired end sequencing and I have a silly question.
What is "barcode_type" in "split_libraries_fastq.py"? Is that the length of the barcodes of my samples?

Thanks a lot!

Yiming

Red

Jul 19, 2016, 3:29:17 AM7/19/16
to Qiime 1 Forum
Hi Yiming,

With the barcode type option you can specify what type of barcodes you have used in your sequencing.
Yes, this can also be the length of the barcodes (for example if all your barcodes consists of 6 nucleoides, you want to pass 6 for this option.
If you did not used any barcodes at all (for example, the sequencing centre already demultiplexed the sequences for you and took out the barcodes off your sequences), then pass “not-barcoded” for this option

Red