Qiang's painting for today: Warm/Cool Still Life

Qiang Huang

Nov 29, 2023, 3:24:27 PM11/29/23
to qiang-huang-a-...@googlegroups.com

Warm/Cool Still Life

8" x 8" Oil on Board

I like this holiday season. I finally can paint without any business motivations. I submerged myself into the color study again. The image shows my "paint a white object on a white background" project. I used two light sources, one warm and one cool to generate schemes of "warm light cool shadow" and "cool light warm shadow". I am experimenting a color mixing method, which I may call "numerical color matching". With this method, I can accurately achieve a good color solidity, and reduce the color muddiness.  I hope someday artists can use science and mathematics to go beyond their experiences to obtain unambiguous understanding and control in their creative processes.

Thank you for viewing my art,

Qiang

Copyrights © QH Art Studio All Rights Reserved