Qiang's painting for today: The "Big" Challenge

Qiang Huang

Jul 12, 2024, 11:08:56 AMJul 12
to qiang-huang-a-...@googlegroups.com

The "Big" Challenge

28" x 60" Oil on Board

Painting large is a big challenge to me. This one is 28" x 60". The composition was based on a 12" x 24" plein air painting. I used the apps to guarantee the drawing and color (value, and temperature) accuracy. The major challenge was mark making. I tried my best to paint thickly, but the brush and knife work were still not shown the effect I hope to achieve. It will be another research field I will get into. The painting tended to get too detail to quickly. I had to remind myself constantly go far away to see. Nevertheless, painting the large one was fun. I felt I was at the site and created the real world.

Thank you for viewing my art,

Qiang

Copyrights © QH Art Studio All Rights Reserved