What is missing for a release?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Dec 1, 2012, 2:10:13 PM12/1/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I would like to know what are we missing for doing a release.

Thanks in advance, Lisandro.

--
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/

1+1=2

Dec 9, 2012, 8:15:30 PM12/9/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As QESP1.2 will support both Qt4 and Qt5, I am waiting for the release of Qt5.0.

We know that, library name schema of Qt5 modules has been changed to
libQt5Xxxxx.so.5.0.0. But for QESP-1.2, the generated name will be
libQt1ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0, and for QESP-2.0, the generated name
will be libQt2ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0, which looks not good.

So I commit a patch for Qt5: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,42189
once this patch get approved, we will get:

libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0

regards,

Debao

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Dec 10, 2012, 6:58:28 AM12/10/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, 1+1=2
On Sun 09 Dec 2012 22:15:30 1+1=2 escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> As QESP1.2 will support both Qt4 and Qt5, I am waiting for the release of
> Qt5.0.

Sounds good.

> We know that, library name schema of Qt5 modules has been changed to
> libQt5Xxxxx.so.5.0.0. But for QESP-1.2, the generated name will be
> libQt1ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0, and for QESP-2.0, the generated name
> will be libQt2ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0, which looks not good.
>
> So I commit a patch for Qt5:
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,42189 once this patch get
> approved, we will get:
>
> libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
> libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0

I see your point, but I think that's an issue we can solve directly inside
qextserialport. Qt has done that naming scheme for good reasons.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Los comentarios o respuestas sobre SL en tono absolutista solo hacen aparecer
a la comunidad SL como una sarta de fanáticos que viven dentro de un

1+1=2

Dec 13, 2012, 9:38:41 AM12/13/12
to Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer, qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

QESP1.2-RC is ready for test now. In this version, we will get

libqextserialport.so.1.2.0
qextserialport{d}1.dll
libqextserialport{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
for Qt4,

and
libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
Qt5ExtSerialPort{d}1.dll
libQt5ExtSerialPort{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
for Qt5.

At the same time, a new branch which called 2.0 has been created. So non-binary-compatible Changes can go in this branch.

The C++ codes of which is exactly the same as QESP-1.2 at present, but the build-system has changed to the Qt5' module structure.  http://qt-project.org/wiki/Creating-a-new-module-or-tool-for-Qt

Regards,

Debao

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Dec 13, 2012, 9:46:51 AM12/13/12
to 1+1=2, qextser...@googlegroups.com
On Thu 13 Dec 2012 11:38:41 1+1=2 escribió:
> Hi ,
>
> QESP1.2-RC is ready for test now. In this version, we will get
>
> libqextserialport.so.1.2.0
> qextserialport{d}1.dll
> libqextserialport{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
> for Qt4,
>
> and
> libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
> Qt5ExtSerialPort{d}1.dll
> libQt5ExtSerialPort{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
> for Qt5.
>
> At the same time, a new branch which called 2.0 has been created. So
> non-binary-compatible Changes can go in this branch.
> http://code.google.com/p/qextserialport/wiki/QextSerialPort_2_0_Preview
>
> The C++ codes of which is exactly the same as QESP-1.2 at present, but the
> build-system has changed to the Qt5' module structure.
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Creating-a-new-module-or-tool-for-Qt

Cool! Thanks a lot Debao!

I'll do my best to put the RC in Debian experimental ASAP.

--
A group of politicians deciding to dump a President because his morals
are bad is like the Mafia getting together to bump off the Godfather for

Angel Perles

Dec 13, 2012, 4:20:27 PM12/13/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

Thanks and regards,
�ngel

El 13/12/12 15:38, 1+1=2 escribi�:
> Hi ,
>
> QESP1.2-RC is ready for test now. In this version, we will get
>
> libqextserialport.so.1.2.0
> qextserialport{d}1.dll
> libqextserialport{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
> for Qt4,
>
> and
> libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
> Qt5ExtSerialPort{d}1.dll
> libQt5ExtSerialPort{_debug}.1.2.0.dylib
> for Qt5.
>
> At the same time, a new branch which called 2.0 has been created. So
> non-binary-compatible Changes can go in this branch.
> http://code.google.com/p/qextserialport/wiki/QextSerialPort_2_0_Preview
>
> The C++ codes of which is exactly the same as QESP-1.2 at present, but
> the build-system has changed to the Qt5' module structure.
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Creating-a-new-module-or-tool-for-Qt
>
> Regards,
>
> Debao
>

> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM, Lisandro Dami�n Nicanor P�rez Meyer
> <perez...@gmail.com <mailto:perez...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Sun 09 Dec 2012 22:15:30 1+1=2 escribi�:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As QESP1.2 will support both Qt4 and Qt5, I am waiting for the
> release of
> > Qt5.0.
>
> Sounds good.
>
> > We know that, library name schema of Qt5 modules has been changed to
> > libQt5Xxxxx.so.5.0.0. But for QESP-1.2, the generated name will be
> > libQt1ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0, and for QESP-2.0, the generated name
> > will be libQt2ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0, which looks not good.
> >
> > So I commit a patch for Qt5:
> > https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,42189 once this patch get
> > approved, we will get:
> >
> > libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.1.2.0
> > libQt5ExtSerialPort.so.2.0.0
>
> I see your point, but I think that's an issue we can solve directly
> inside
> qextserialport. Qt has done that naming scheme for good reasons.
>
> Kinds regards, Lisandro.
>
> --
> Los comentarios o respuestas sobre SL en tono absolutista solo hacen
> aparecer
> a la comunidad SL como una sarta de fan�ticos que viven dentro de un
> tupperware.
> Pablo Di Noto - GrULiC
>
> Lisandro Dami�n Nicanor P�rez Meyer
> http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
> http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
>

> --

Angel F. Perles Ivars

Departament d'Inform�tica de Sistemes i Computadors - DISCA
Universitat Polit�cnica de Val�ncia - E.U.Inform�tica
Cami de Vera s/n. 46022-Valencia
Edifici 1G Despatx 2S-13
e-mail: ape...@disca.upv.es
Telf.+34 963877007 Ext. 75775 Fax.+34 963877579
http://www.disca.upv.es/aperles

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Dec 13, 2012, 4:50:31 PM12/13/12
On Thu 13 Dec 2012 11:46:51 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer escribió:
> On Thu 13 Dec 2012 11:38:41 1+1=2 escribió:
[snip]
> Cool! Thanks a lot Debao!
>
> I'll do my best to put the RC in Debian experimental ASAP.

Uploaded!

--
mathematician, n.:
Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your i's.

1+1=2

Dec 14, 2012, 10:50:36 AM12/14/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.