How to join development?

michal

Jul 9, 2012, 9:03:56 AM7/9/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
I am old developer of qextserialport.

Brandon Fosdick

Jul 9, 2012, 10:14:22 PM7/9/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Welcome back. I can add you to the project…do you have a gmail address I can use, or would you prefer the policht.pl address?

On Jul 9, 2012, at 06:03 , michal wrote:

I am old developer of qextserialport.

Michal Policht

Jul 10, 2012, 4:03:23 AM7/10/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brandon

I have created google account, so please use this michp...@gmail.com
account.

Regards.

> Welcome back. I can add you to the project�do you have a gmail address
> I can use, or would you prefer the policht.pl address?
>

> On Jul 9, 2012, at 06:03 , michal wrote:
>
>> I am old developer of qextserialport.
>>
>> --
>> http://groups.google.com/group/qextserialport?hl=en.
>
> --
> Groups "qextserialport" group.

Brandon Fosdick

Jul 12, 2012, 12:49:54 AM7/12/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. It looks like someone already added you to the project. Sorry I didn't get to it quickly.

On Jul 10, 2012, at 01:03 , Michal Policht wrote:

> Hi Brandon
>
> I have created google account, so please use this michp...@gmail.com account.
>
> Regards.
>
>> Welcome back. I can add you to the project…do you have a gmail address I can use, or would you prefer the policht.pl address?

Michal Policht

Jul 12, 2012, 7:30:23 AM7/12/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
NP. I'm digging into Mercurial anyway, since I'm new to it. I hope I
will not destroy repo ;)
> Thanks. It looks like someone already added you to the project. Sorry I didn't get to it quickly.
>

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 01:03 , Michal Policht wrote:
>

>> Hi Brandon
>>
>> I have created google account, so please use this michp...@gmail.com account.
>>
>> Regards.
>>

>>> Welcome back. I can add you to the project�do you have a gmail address I can use, or would you prefer the policht.pl address?

Brandon Fosdick

Jul 12, 2012, 11:57:45 AM7/12/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Have fun. Mercurial does ok, but I really wish I had pushed harder to move the project to github instead of google code. Oh well.

On Jul 12, 2012, at 04:30 , Michal Policht wrote:

> NP. I'm digging into Mercurial anyway, since I'm new to it. I hope I will not destroy repo ;)
>> Thanks. It looks like someone already added you to the project. Sorry I didn't get to it quickly.
>>

>> On Jul 10, 2012, at 01:03 , Michal Policht wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Brandon
>>>
>>> I have created google account, so please use this michp...@gmail.com account.
>>>
>>> Regards.

1+1=2

Jul 12, 2012, 12:06:26 PM7/12/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I like Git too, but I don't think it's a good idea to move the
project again ;-)

Good news is that, We can easily convert the repository from hg to
git, then we can use both google code and github. Bad news is that git
repository in googlecode can not be accessed from China.

Regards,

Debao

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Jul 12, 2012, 12:17:29 PM7/12/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, 1+1=2
On Jue 12 Jul 2012 13:06:26 1+1=2 escribió:
> Yes, I like Git too, but I don't think it's a good idea to move the
> project again ;-)
>
> Good news is that, We can easily convert the repository from hg to
> git, then we can use both google code and github. Bad news is that git
> repository in googlecode can not be accessed from China.

Then it's no good :(

--
The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
failed to start because of the following error:

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
signature.asc

1+1=2

Jul 13, 2012, 9:30:55 PM7/13/12
to Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer, qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I found a workaround for China user who can not access the
https://code.google.com/p/qextserialport through git.

workaround: use this link https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/git

So how about converting the repository from hg to git now?

after that, we can create a mirror under github at any time if we want.

Debao

Brandon Fosdick

Jul 14, 2012, 1:56:23 AM7/14/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
Sounds good to me

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer

Jul 14, 2012, 8:57:51 PM7/14/12
On Vie 13 Jul 2012 22:30:55 1+1=2 escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I found a workaround for China user who can not access the
> https://code.google.com/p/qextserialport through git.
>
> workaround: use this link
> https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/git
>
> So how about converting the repository from hg to git now?
>
> after that, we can create a mirror under github at any time if we want.

I must admit I'm more familiar with git than hg (ie, it will make packaging
qextserialport for Debian much easier). So thumbs up for me (but please do not
count on me for taking the decistion, I'm still very new in the project).

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1
signature.asc

Michal Policht

Jul 16, 2012, 8:53:43 AM7/16/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Let's focus on code improvements first and then we can move this project
elsewhere.

1+1=2 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I found a workaround for China user who can not access the
> https://code.google.com/p/qextserialport through git.
>
> workaround: use this link https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/git
>
> So how about converting the repository from hg to git now?
>
> after that, we can create a mirror under github at any time if we want.
>
> Debao
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Lisandro Dami�n Nicanor P�rez Meyer
> <perez...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jue 12 Jul 2012 13:06:26 1+1=2 escribi�:
>>
>>> Yes, I like Git too, but I don't think it's a good idea to move the
>>> project again ;-)
>>>
>>> Good news is that, We can easily convert the repository from hg to
>>> git, then we can use both google code and github. Bad news is that git
>>> repository in googlecode can not be accessed from China.
>>>
>> Then it's no good :(
>>
>> --
>> The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
>> failed to start because of the following error:
>> The operation completed successfully.
>> -- Windows NT Server v3.51
>>
>> Lisandro Dami�n Nicanor P�rez Meyer
>> http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
>> http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

1+1=2

Jul 16, 2012, 8:08:50 PM7/16/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have finished converting the repository from hg to git last night.

Seems that all the three repositories work well now.

https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/git
https://wiki.qextserialport.googlecode.com/git
https://docs.qextserialport.googlecode.com/git

Old repositories still there:

https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/hg
https://wiki.qextserialport.googlecode.com/hg
https://docs.qextserialport.googlecode.com/hg

And they will work again when we switch to hg.

Regards,

Debao

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Michal Policht <michp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's focus on code improvements first and then we can move this project
> elsewhere.
>

> 1+1=2 wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I found a workaround for China user who can not access the
>> https://code.google.com/p/qextserialport through git.
>>
>> workaround: use this link
>> https://qextserialport.googlecode.com/git
>>
>> So how about converting the repository from hg to git now?
>>
>> after that, we can create a mirror under github at any time if we want.
>>
>> Debao
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
>> <perez...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Then it's no good :(
>>>
>>> --
>>> The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
>>> failed to start because of the following error:
>>> The operation completed successfully.
>>> -- Windows NT Server v3.51
>>>
>>> Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
>>> http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
>>> http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/

Michal Policht

Jul 16, 2012, 9:47:20 PM7/16/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
IMO Mercurial was OK... It has more mature implementation under Windows.

1+1=2

Jul 17, 2012, 2:05:27 AM7/17/12
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Michal Policht <michp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> IMO Mercurial was OK... It has more mature implementation under Windows.

Yes, I think that TortoiseHg is more mature that TortoiseGit too,
though I never give a serious try to TortoiseGit. In addition,
TortoiseHg is written in Python + Qt4, which means that its
cross-platform. while TortoiseGit is windows only.

But Git seems more popular that Hg now. Qt itself controlled by Git
since Qt4.5(2009/03/23) too. IMO, Git is not very hard to use under
Windows, it has been integrated into VisualStudio, Eclipse,
QtCreator, ..., so most work can be done even don't use the powerful
command lines.

Any idea?

Regrads,

Debao

Brandon Fosdick

Jul 17, 2012, 1:41:01 PM7/17/12
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
GitHub has released a windows client as well, although I haven't used it and I have no idea how well it works with projects hosted elsewhere. Their Mac client is nice though.

http://windows.github.com/

Back when I was forced to use Windows I used the command line. The graphical tools for Windows just aren't worth the pain.