Google Code Shutdown

Brandon Fosdick

Mar 14, 2015, 12:49:59 PM3/14/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

As I'm sure you've all heard, Google Code is shutting down this year. So, we need to figure out what to do with this project. Things have been pretty quite around here for quite some time, and I certainly haven't put any effort into myself. Is anyone still working on the code?

Do we bother migrating somewhere else, or do we let the project fade into history?

-Brandon

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez

Mar 14, 2015, 1:42:04 PM3/14/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Qt5 has support for serial devices and Qt4 is starting to fade, so I think
qextserialport should fade with it.

--
12: Es posible insertar imagenes en los documentos y archivos al
trabajar con Word

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/
signature.asc

Márton Miklós

Mar 14, 2015, 2:12:26 PM3/14/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
It might worth to convert the project to Github for archiving purposes, (once the Google's convert service will work again).
Üdvözlettel,
Márton Miklós
+36-70-39-60-009

Liam Staskawicz

Mar 14, 2015, 9:28:09 PM3/14/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. I'm not using this currently, but might as well import to github for archiving purposes.

Liam

1+1=2

Mar 15, 2015, 9:19:29 PM3/15/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Hi, FYI, I will export the project to the github.  https://github.com/qextserialport/qextserialport

Thomas J. Webb

Kai M.

Mar 17, 2015, 3:45:00 AM3/17/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
No you are not! Still using it in a commercial qt4-based product.
This Software won't get ported anytime soon... either to Qt5 nor to QSerialPort...

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez

Mar 17, 2015, 8:53:20 AM3/17/15
On Tuesday 17 March 2015 08:44:17 Kai M. wrote:
> No you are not! Still using it in a commercial qt4-based product.
> This Software won't get ported anytime soon... either to Qt5 nor to
> QSerialPort...

And there will be no problems there unless a grave bug appears in qt4 or
qextserialport in the future (like, for example, a CVE), and as long as you
ship your own Qt4 binaries in your app.

Apart from that, upstream is ending the Qt4 support in some months (ie, no
more point releases) except maybe a grave security bug... but...

--
"La política es una actividad noble. Hay que revalorizarla, ejerciéndola con
vocación y una dedicación que exige testimonio, martirio, o sea, morir

John Michael Fischer

Mar 18, 2015, 11:17:58 AM3/18/15
to qextser...@googlegroups.com
Ditto!  Already built-in to a commercial product.  Works great, not changing it anytime soon.