many to many relationships?

danny....@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2013, 2:37:42 AM10/30/13
to qdj...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I was introduced to ORMs through Django and writing web apps -- Django seems very natural to me. That said, I'm now moving into desktop software written in C++ and I'd really like to use QDjango as my ORM because it's intuitive and resembles what I'm used to. The apparent lack of relationships beyond foreign keys is really limiting, and driving me towards QxORM, despite its added complexity and dependence on boost.

Is there any support for one-to-many and many-to-many relationships in QDjango? If not, are you planning on adding support for these? That alone would make it a much more appealing and useful library for me.

Thanks!

Jeremy Lainé

Nov 5, 2013, 3:37:29 AM11/5/13
to qdj...@googlegroups.com, Matt Broadstone
Hi!
Matt Broadstone has a branch of QDjango which supports these exact features. I have a bit
more spare time now than in the past couple of months, so let's see whether we can review
/ merge those changes.

Cheers,
Jeremy

danny....@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2013, 12:18:08 AM11/17/13
to qdj...@googlegroups.com, Matt Broadstone
Have you had a chance to look at this? What's the verdict?

Matt Broadstone

Nov 18, 2013, 10:13:17 PM11/18/13
to danny....@gmail.com, qdj...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 12:18 AM, <danny....@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you had a chance to look at this? What's the verdict?

Hey,
We have merged a number of my patches into qdjango mainline, but as of yet have held off on the many-to-many support. I've been diverted to other tasks for the past few days, but will have more time to prepare the pull requests for this work in the next few days. Stay tuned.

Matt