why the element warped when I simulate a indentation?

Jesse

Apr 11, 2013, 10:37:52 AM4/11/13
to qcme...@googlegroups.com
Dear professor:
    when I simulate a indentation with a external potential,the warped element occur
as the indenter push in only 1nm of depth, and the dipole of dislocation become disorder.
 I try to control the indenter move up and unload the loader,the output file will prompt:
 warning! element-inversion in elem# ****
    Is that the problem of stiffness associated with the repulsive field?
 Further more, How could I certain the value of the stiffness as a parameter?
                                                                      yours sincerely
                                                                       Jesse Fang

Ellad Tadmor

Apr 11, 2013, 5:00:48 PM4/11/13
to qcme...@googlegroups.com

You would only get element inversion in local elements. You have either
not turned on the nonlocal calculations or your nonlocal region is too
small.

-Ellad Tadmor