data generated in the example

A Ravi Gopal

Jun 20, 2013, 8:08:49 AM6/20/13
to qcme...@googlegroups.com
Dear professor,

I have run Gb-example on linux machine using intel compiler. I could get output file and the plt files.
In the plot files there are initially 4 columns of data and afterwards 3 columns of data .
How should I plot the data  using gnu plot software?

sincerely,
A Ravi Gopal.

Ellad Tadmor

Jun 21, 2013, 10:32:26 AM6/21/13
to qcme...@googlegroups.com

Hello-

plt files are in Tecplot format. You cannot plot them with gnu plot. One
option, if you have access to it, is to use the commercial code Tecplot
(http://www.tecplot.com). Alternatively, you can use the free open source
visualization package called VisIt which you can obtain here:
https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/

-Ellad Tadmor