Can't download as PDF file

Jin-yan Hu

May 25, 2022, 11:54:54 AM5/25/22
to QATrack+
Hi Randy, qatrackplus 3.1.0 is configured correctly, but the downloaded pdf reports cannot be opened, the volume is 0. How do I fix it?
Thank you very much.
2.png
微信图片_20220525234317.png

Jin-yan Hu

May 25, 2022, 12:20:19 PM5/25/22
to QATrack+
report-stderr.txt:
ERROR:message_window.cc(116)] Failed to create a message-only window:(0x8)

Randle Taylor

May 26, 2022, 2:14:43 PM5/26/22
to Jin-yan Hu, QATrack+
Hi,

I have seen this one other time and it was an issue with Google Chrome failing to launch for some reason.  Rebooting the server fixed it in that case, so hopefully that will work for you too.

Randy

German Dauro

Jan 20, 2023, 12:35:11 PM1/20/23
to QATrack+
Hello Hu,
I have exactly the same problem. Could you solve it?
I rebooted servers and computers and tried other browsers,
but the problem is not that, the file downloaded realy is empty.
Any help is appreciated.
Sincerely

Kurtis Dekker

Jan 20, 2023, 1:22:31 PM1/20/23
to QATrack+
This has been happening on my setup as well (windows host) for the past couple of weeks.

German Dauro

Jan 20, 2023, 2:41:06 PM1/20/23
to Kurtis Dekker, QATrack+, Rafael Giordano
Hello kurtis,
I have two QATrack running, one of them on Windows 7 and the other on Windows 8.1.
A few days ago, a notification from Google Chrome said that I must have Windows 10 at least for new updates.
I don't know if that condition is relevant, but this problem occurred at the same time on two different OS.
So, what version of Windows do you have?
Regards.-

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QATrack+" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qatrack/991faab1-db07-4e0a-8e74-e280eeebf29an%40googlegroups.com.

--
Germán D'Auro
Físico Responsable

Kurtis Dekker

Jan 20, 2023, 2:49:19 PM1/20/23
to QATrack+
This is on a windows 10 machine.

I suspect it is due to something in the chrome 109 release.

Randle Taylor

Jan 21, 2023, 10:30:16 AM1/21/23
to German Dauro, QATrack+
Hi All,

This is almost certainly due to a Chrome update.  QATrack+ uses the command line interface of Chrome to generate PDF files so there must have been an update recently that broke things.  I'll post an update here after investigating.

Randy

Kurtis Dekker

Jan 21, 2023, 12:09:23 PM1/21/23
to Randle Taylor, German Dauro, QATrack+
Hi Randy, i believe i found the issue in the “chrome2pdf” function - it opens the pdf file before calling chrome to write to it which seems not to work anymore.

If you close the file before calling the chrome command it seems to work again.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 21, 2023, at 10:30 AM, Randle Taylor <randle...@gmail.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "QATrack+" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qatrack/CA%2BwpsawfQ85o-2JNaC_v5yYEx5A2Tra%2BHjy1H5mjtKxeMaizsQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Randle Taylor

Jan 22, 2023, 4:12:08 PM1/22/23
to Kurtis Dekker, German Dauro, QATrack+
Confirmed!  Thanks for investigating Kurtis.  I've fixed the issue for the next bugfix release.

Randy

Kurtis Dekker

Jan 27, 2023, 8:51:27 AM1/27/23
to QATrack+
Thanks Randy,

In follow up from this - is PDF generation the only usage of chrome in QATRACK+?

Wondering if it is possible to replace this with something less prone to change.

Kurtis

Randle Taylor

Jan 27, 2023, 10:50:08 AM1/27/23
to Kurtis Dekker, QATrack+
Yes, Chrome is only used for generating PDFs.  Right now reports are all generated as HTML then chrome is used to convert the html to pdf.  I looked at other ways to do this including wkHtmlToPDF but didn't get as good of results with layout and in particular breaking pages in tables.  That was quite a while ago so that may have changed now as I think there's been at least 1 wkHtmlToPDF release since then.

The other option is to use something like ReportLab to generate reports, but my experience in other projects that used ReportLab is that manually laying out PDF's is a huge headache, so I'm not particularly interested in going down that road. Again, maybe things have changed on that front though.

Randy

German Dauro

Jan 30, 2023, 7:38:28 AM1/30/23
to QATrack+
Hi Randy.
Thanks for the solution.
I have a problem when I replace the *.utils.py file in the qatrack/qatrack_core/utils.py folder,
I can't access it because of ERROR 502.3 Bad Gateway,
I think it's because the CherryPyService service stops working,
but I can't restart it, I attached screenshots.
How can I fix it? Thanks!
Germán.-

ERROR 502.3 Bad Gateway.jpg
CherryPyService.jpg

Randle Taylor

Feb 17, 2023, 11:00:51 AM2/17/23
to German Dauro, QATrack+
Sorry for the slow response.  If the service won't restart after replacing a file then there is likely some kind of error in that file...possibly something like a syntax error, or a module that is not installed. You can usually look in the log files std_err/std_out log files in the /logs/ directory to get more information about why the service isn't starting.

Randy

Message has been deleted

Randle Taylor

Mar 22, 2023, 4:02:45 PM3/22/23
to 高翔, QATrack+
If you can, I would recommend updating to the latest version of QATrack+ (https://docs.qatrackplus.com/en/stable/install/win_upgrade_from_3.html) where this problem should now be resolved.

RT

On Wed, 22 Mar 2023 at 15:59, 高翔 <gxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Randy,
Hello guys,
I have just met a same problem, but the report-stderr was different, see:
[0320/092629.717:ERROR:headless_shell.cc(103)] Failed to write file C:\deploy\qatrackplus\qatrack\media\reports\test-list-instance-summary.pdf_a9b4cf5bc3.html.pdf: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0x20)
The report downloads worked normally before I tried to modified the html files in templates/reports, althoungh I double checked the files were set to its original settings, the problem could not be fixed.
I also rebooted servers  and tried other browsers, but the PDF still 0 bites.
In the django-q.log file, the processing of reports were enqueued all the time, maybe that was the root of the problem.
The problem has puzzed me for many days, could you/anyone please tell me how the fix it?

Here is the error logs.
Message has been deleted

Flavio Salinas Aranda

Apr 10, 2024, 12:43:37 PMApr 10
to QATrack+
Hello Randle, hello all.
We have just upgraded from version 3.1.0 to 3.1.1.0 as you suggested but we still can't get a proper PDF report. Unlike what happened before, we don't get an empty 0 kB report but it's still empty except for some colored cells showing.
We're using Google Chrome Version 123.0.6312.106 (Official Build) (64-bit), MS Windows Server 2016 Standard and MS SQL Server 2017.
Any clues of what might be happenning?
Thank you.

Report file.png
Report.png