Regarding python and ubuntu versions

Kobe Vrindts

Apr 2, 2024, 2:56:09 AMApr 2
to QATrack+
Hi,

almost a year ago, I setup QaTrack+ on a machine with python 3.9 and ubuntu 20.04. Now, I need to install QaTrack+ on an Ubuntu 22.04 machine which has python 3.10. I've setup the virtual environment with python 3.9, but after that, I'm getting errors regarding mod wsgi which seems to be running under python 3.10 for some reason.

Regardless of this, ubuntu 20.04 is eol in april 2025, so running QaTrack+ on this older version is not an option in our environment. We really should be able to run it on a newer ubuntu version with python 3.10, if only for security reasons.
Will QaTrack+ ever get support for python 3.10 / Ubuntu 22.04?

Kind Regards,

tbe...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2024, 3:35:49 AMApr 2
to QATrack+
Hi,

there is a branch of qatrackplus on github which has newer requirements (it's calles python3.10). You can check that one out and switch to ubuntu LTS22 afterwards. There is a thread with some more infos about it:

I upgraded to ubuntu 22 last week and the only problem i ran into was the missing pandas dependency which had to install by hand.

regards
Thomas