2010 qarrtsiluni chapbook winner and finalists announced

qarrtsiluni

Jul 2, 2010, 3:06:13 PM7/2/10
to qarrtsil...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In case you didn't see the announcement on the site yesterday, go here:
http://qarrtsiluni.com/2010/07/01/announcing-the-2010-chapbook-contest-winners/

We've both had a chance to read the winning manuscript and the two runners-up, and we're very pleased with the outcome. Our judge, Ken Lamberton, wrote in an email today, "It's comforting to me to have such attentive writers in the world witnessing it and writing about it for the rest of us!"

Just like last year, we'll be publishing a poem from each of the nine other finalists, culminating in the announcement of the electronic and print versions of the winning chapbook in mid to late August. In the meantime, we continue to serialize the New Classics issue at the rate of a new post every weekday; that will wrap up at the beginning of August. The submissions period is concluded for the The Crowd, which will begin posting after the chapbook interregnum, but we're still sorting through all the submissions so if you haven't gotten a response from us yet, hang in there. (If you submitted something and never got an acknowledgement note back, however, that means we didn't get it. Please re-submit!)

Hope you're all enjoying the summer whereever you are -- or winter, as the case may be.

Best,

Beth and Dave

--
Beth Adams and Dave Bonta