Announcing our Third Annual Chapbook Contest

qarrtsiluni

May 2, 2011, 4:02:59 PM5/2/11
to qarrtsil...@googlegroups.com

We're pleased to announce qarrtsiluni's third annual poetry chapbook contest. The judge is renowned poet Luisa Igloria and the deadline for submissions is June 15. The winner will be announced on September 1, and publication in print and online will follow in early fall. Since we use a print-on-demand service for the paper edition and make it available world-wide through Amazon, it will remain in print for years if not decades longer than most limited-edition poetry chapbooks.

Last year's contest was a definite success, with 60 manuscripts submitted, 10 excellent chapbooks chosen for the shortlist, and a remarkable winning manuscript, Watermark, by Clayton Michaels, which received wide notice on the web, as well as being published in full in both print and online editions, and has been used as a textbook in creative writing classes. As in 2010, selected poems from the top ten 2011 chapbooks will be published here, and two runners-up will be chosen in addition to the winner.

GUIDELINES: Before submitting, please read carefully the complete details on the contest page; all manuscripts must meet the published guidelines. Judging will be anonymous, with chapbooks identified by a number only. Beth Adams, qarrtsiluni co-managing editor, will be the contest coordinator. If you have a question that is not answered by the guidelines, please direct your inquiry to her by email: qarrtsiluni.chapbook.2011 [at] gmail.com.

HELPFUL ADVICE: Although each year's judging is subjective, entrants may wish to take a look at last year's finalists and winner, and to read what Pamela Johnson Parker had to say about putting together her winning collection in 2009. An interview about the chapbook contest process, with qarrtsiluni editors Dave Bonta and Beth Adams, was published in November 2009 at Read Write Poem, and toward the end contains our advice for entrants.

We hope you will consider submitting your best work to us. Good luck to everyone!

-- Beth and Dave

p.s. Please forward this email widely to your own contacts. Thanks!

--
Beth Adams and Dave Bonta
Managing Editors, qarrtsiluni

qarrtsiluni

May 2, 2011, 4:50:33 PM5/2/11
to qarrtsil...@googlegroups.com

We're pleased to announce qarrtsiluni's third annual poetry chapbook contest. The judge is renowned poet Luisa Igloria and the deadline for submissions is June 15. The winner will be announced on September 1, and publication in print and online will follow in early fall. Since we use a print-on-demand service for the paper edition and make it available world-wide through Amazon, it will remain in print for years if not decades longer than most limited-edition poetry chapbooks.

Last year's contest was a definite success, with 60 manuscripts submitted, 10 excellent chapbooks chosen for the shortlist, and a remarkable winning manuscript by Clayton Michaels which received wide notice on the web, as well as being published in full in both print and online editions, and has been used as a textbook in creative writing classes. As in 2010, selected poems from the top ten 2011 chapbooks will be published here, and two runners-up will be chosen in addition to the winner.

GUIDELINES: Before submitting, please read carefully the complete details on the contest page; all manuscripts must meet the published guidelines. Judging will be anonymous, with chapbooks identified by a number only. Beth Adams, qarrtsiluni co-managing editor, will be the contest coordinator. If you have a question that is not answered by the guidelines, please direct your inquiry to her by email: qarrtsiluni.chapbook.2011 [at] gmail.com

We hope you will consider submitting your best work to us. Good luck to everyone!

-- Beth and Dave

p.s. Please forward this email widely to your own contacts. Thanks!

--
Beth Adams and Dave Bonta
Managing Editors, qarrtsiluni

Now accepting submissions for the 2011 Chapbook Contest. Deadline: June 15.