Hello everybody

Arnab Ganguly

Sep 5, 2013, 3:48:53 PM9/5/13
to qa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
This is Arnab.Would love to become part of the Sherlock and  contribute.I am good in C,C++,Python,Data structures,Algorithms.Very much enthusiastic about Machine Learning and NLP.That's in brief about me.

If I hve joined late,where can I get the overall project brief.
Thanks in advance,
Arnab

Adam Gibson

Sep 5, 2013, 3:52:23 PM9/5/13
to qa-...@googlegroups.com
You're coming in at the ground floor. Welcome aboard! Please read over earlier discussions to see what we're currently doing. Jack gave a great overview here:

From here, we are working on wrangling different sources of contributions and building the project's layout and vision.

Jack Park

Sep 5, 2013, 4:03:30 PM9/5/13
to Arnab Ganguly, qa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnab,

Thanks for joining! You are not "late"; Adam Gibson just started the
google group, and a group about Open DeepQA at LinkedIn. I very much
like that we are seeing greater exposure and enthusiasm for open
sourcing the DeepQA process. SolrSherlock is just my project serving
as a first effort. I have no doubt that other platforms will emerge
over time. In fact, I suspect that many current projects, such as the
book Taming Text, are already on that path.

I made a brief sketch of SolrSherlock here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/qa-oss/yZ1jed8cq_k/N7IClvwtj1UJ

My own work is coordinated through the social sensemaking platform
DebateGraph, as linked in that message. Code is emerging on GitHub.
The project is largely Java, Scala, Lift, and (soon) Clojure.

But that should not stop people from using that marvelous Python NLP
platform NLTK to either roll their own, or find a way to patch NLTK
into the UIMA/Agent-based platform that is SolrSherlock.

Jack