Do we have a type system in solr sherlock laying around anywhere?

Adam Gibson

Sep 2, 2013, 1:03:57 PM9/2/13
to qa-...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I'm setting up the baseline project for the solrsherlock annotators, and I've already built and extended a type system for this from cleartk. i'm wondering if there's anymore annotations or other UIMA type systems floating around.

Thanks,
Adam

Jack Park

Sep 2, 2013, 1:15:03 PM9/2/13
to Adam Gibson, qa-...@googlegroups.com
There is, in fact, a typology which defines a kind of "upper"
(not-really) ontology on which everything is layered. That typology is
booted in on the first boot of the topic map's merge engine.

The typology is documented in the typology.pdf document here:
https://github.com/SolrSherlock/SolrSherlock/tree/master/docs

In fact, it is quite stable, but is also subject to *extension* by
add-on agents which want to contribute types to it.

The core idea is this:
That typology simply defines a set of categories, such as
PropertyType, ClassType, UserType and so forth. The highest level
(root) (it's a rooted tree) is simply TypeType.

Let's take that further:

Every topic in the system (the topic map, which is the core knowledge
representation artifact of SolrSherlock) has a unique identifier
(UUID). In the upper typology, that UUID is also "semantic" in the
sense that the UUID itself -- known as a "locator" (for database
locator) is made from the label of the topic itself. That is, TypeType
is the UUID for the topic which is a) the root of the typology tree;
and b) carries the label (name, English) Type Type.

Most other topics in the system will get a UUID crafted by the Java
utilities UUID algorithm, which makes a long hairy string.

That UUID becomes part of a REST query. For instance, a query to find
the topic TypeType would use that string in the query. In Solr, the
query string becomes "locator:TypeType"

functions want to contribute to it. Those functions (agents) simply
implement the IBootstrap interface and extend an abstract bootstrap
class, add necessary code, and then add the call to that bootstrap
function to the XML config file for their agent.

Jack
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qa-oss/3be71305-cf40-4980-9743-9cd7b8766a14%40googlegroups.com.

Adam Gibson

Sep 2, 2013, 1:25:09 PM9/2/13
to qa-...@googlegroups.com, Adam Gibson
Great. Have these been encoded in UIMA at all?

See:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v8/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.ii.of.doc/ap/iiyspuut.htm

Mainly, what I'm looking for are concrete annotation types. I have a few sitting on top of cleartk that i'm going to throw in
that include things like relation extraction and some others that aren't encoded in there.

Adam

Jack Park

Sep 2, 2013, 6:35:46 PM9/2/13
to qa-...@googlegroups.com