[ANN] BrmSon / YodaQA

Petr Baudis

Apr 16, 2015, 1:00:38 PM4/16/15
to qa-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I think this is a good time to introduce the project I have been
working on - YodaQA:

http://pasky.or.cz/yodaqa-poster2015.pdf
https://github.com/brmson/yodaqa

I just wrote the first paper on it recently; it's an UIMA-based
question answering pipeline inspired by the DeepQA IBM papers.
It has reasonable performance of 32.6% accuracy, 79.3% recall
(30s/answer) on a "curated" TREC dataset. Also, all the databases
are available over the network (though overseas the latency can make
things a little slow) and I try to meticulously maintain detailed
installation/setup documentation.

Compared to OAQA, I make much heavier use of UIMA in my architecture
and provide an advanced reference pipeline. Compared to WatsonSim,
I work on TREC-like task, not Jeopardy-like task. Compared to OpenQA,
my primary focus is on unstructured data sources and YodaQA is not meant
as a portfolio of pipelines, but with various components sharing the
rest of the answer pipeline.

I have two aims with my system. The main aim is to create a common
research test-bed where other people working in QA can test how their
algorithms perform in a full end-to-end pipeline.

I also hope that now the "baseline" version is finished, I can go do
some interesting new science using YodaQA too. :-)

(The second aim is some hope to be able to find interesting commercial
applications for my system and competing with IBM ought to be fun! But
well, I just have a lot of very vague ideas right now, so research is my
primary focus now.)

Kind regards,

Petr Baudis

kumar...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 3:08:39 AM4/19/16
to qa-oss
How can I run YodaQA or OpenEphyra in Eclipse