Aleph, A Cognitive Game-playing System for Tabletop Games

Jack Park

Nov 12, 2015, 11:34:14 AM11/12/15
to qa-...@googlegroups.com

http://www.slideshare.net/diannepatricia/aleph-55038422

Author led the MiniDeepQA project at RPI.edu. I am suspicious that this talk is, in fact, about his dissertation.
This is one of many weekly online conferences -- using telephone dialin for  voice. A link to the recording is found here:
http://cognitive-science.info/community/weekly-update/

On another subject, namely OpenSherlock, I use a modified Carrot2 clustering search engine to run queries against PubMed. As I write this  I have downloaded nearly 5 million PubMed abstracts, all subject to possibly many clusters.  I updated the underlying platform to a uniform framework I call TQElasticKnowledgeSystem, which provides topic maps and conceptual graphs (cg is still too immature to use). That's all at github opensherlock.

At the same time, I am working as a knowledge engineer for http://kyndi.com/  which has a proprietary system that rivals, in many ways, Watson.  Its performance in reading documents and discovering cogent things in there is impressive.

Among the many influences they have had on me is that I am now looking closely at doing topic maps and conceptual graphs in Prolog.