Q4M and Replicatin / Cluster

Martin

Jan 21, 2010, 8:11:15 AM1/21/10
to Q4M - a Message Queue for MySQL
Hi all

I made the experience that q4m cannot be used with a mysql engine that
has binary logging enabled - am i wrong ?

What about mysql cluster ?

Anyway: Thanks to Kazuho for this great product...

Regards
Martin

Kazuho Oku

Jan 21, 2010, 9:44:02 AM1/21/10
to q4m-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your interest to Q4M.

Q4M does not support binlog.

The reason for not supporting binlog is due to the nature of mysql's
replication system. A queue should act synchrously. Hoewer, mysql
replication works asynchronously. So there is no point in using the
two together.

If you need a message queue with high-availability, you should either,

a) setup more than two servers running Q4M, and implement HA logic in
your application (just send messages to, receive from either of the
ones alive)
b) use DRBD or something similar (that provides synchronous replication)

Or if you are looking for a way to run Q4M together with other storage
engines using binlogs, move Q4M tables into a different database and
use binlog-ignore-db option of mysql to suppress binlog output of the
database into which Q4M tables are moved.

2010/1/21 Martin <kop...@infotech.ch>:

> --

Kazuho Oku